The General Data Protection Regulations are effective 25 May 2018. They contain significant changes in the law which affect our Association.
Consequently, the Association has reviewed its role and responsibilities in managing the personal data that Tanfield Association members have provided to us.
Personal data is any information in digital or paper form that identifies any aspect about a person.
When applying for membership, you will have given us your name, address, telephone numbers and, if you have one, an e-mail address.
This information is entered into our membership database which is held on a secure, password protected computer. The file can only be accessed by relevant members of the Committee.
In order to continue your membership of the Association, you are required to confirm your acceptance that the above information is held as described.
Our policy regarding: Data Protection
• We will not share your details with any third party
• We will only use your data to manage your membership and related activities, including information you provide for the purpose of attending Association events
• We will only hold personal data that you have provided when you become a member or have subsequently updated
Our policy regarding: Communication
We use the personal data that you have provided to communicate with you about the Association’s events
• Reminders and updates about social events/meetings
• Matters regarding the payment of subscriptions
Links to Third Party sites:
There are links to selected third party websites on the Tanfield Association website. These websites should have their own privacy policies and it is up to you to check you are happy to proceed.
Tanfield Association does not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever since we have no control over them.
Your rights under GDPR 2018:
The legislation also introduces a number of individual rights and these include your right:
• To enquire about what data we hold about you and its accuracy
• To be informed of any data security breach
• To ensure that we erase your data if your membership ceases
• To ensure that we update your data when you request it